Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Day in my Cousin's Apartment

A day off means staying at home or go hang out with my friends. For today, I chose the latter. We have been planning to hang out for some time and today's the day. I set off around 12.30pm, taking the subway to Manhattan to meet up with them. I reached there a bit late (25 minutes) because of bad time management and subway stalls. Upon arrival, I saw two more new members, PJ and Yin Thing (supposedly just meeting up with Sofie and Ing Chian [my cousin]). Well, the more, the merrier and now there are five of us.

Lunch time is taken care of at a dim sum restaurant, which I found to be just so-so. I think the one in Flushing is much better. The restaurant is pretty big but I think it is understaffed so the service is not really good. Later on, we took a car service to my cousin's apartment. The apartment is located in the heart of Wall Street. A good location but the rent is madness to me. $1800 a month, that is like 3.5 times my current rent. The place was not bad, there is also a gym and a lounge where people can hang out. We played cards and drank some red wine, hit some pool and played some foosball. And the main event for that night is a Monopoly game, a simple game but it brings a lot of fun and laughter. We chose a Transformers version of the Monopoly because there are things missing from the original one (yea, board games are also provided in the lounge, and there are a shitload of them).

Anyway, I took some pictures and here you go:


Overall, a pretty interesting day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds, like you have a great day...Good to hear that. I wish i could stay in a $1800 month apartment...sounds interesting and nice. Not a lot of people can afford a $1800 month rent, and i'm really shock to hear it. They are a lot of rich people in New York City and i believe most of them are able to afford the rent. It is just that are they willing to stay or not in this kind of expensive apartment. Most of the rich New Yorkers,will spend this kind of money because they appreciate every single chance of their life,enjoy and show luxury. This is New Yorkers but how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiya dailo, you know me. I will enjoy life but I won't waste money on luxuries. Look at the things I have. You know I don't go for branded stuff. Just be content with what you have and it's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.