Friday, April 17, 2009

Blackle?!

Today, I stumbled across a website called Blackle which I found to be the same as Google, except the colors are opposite. I did more research and here's what I found.

On January 2007, a blogger wrote an article saying that Google can help save a lot of energy if their homepage background color is black instead of white. The color white uses up more energy (especially for CRT monitors). So by using black, a significant amount of energy can be saved.

This idea is pretty interesting but honestly, who would have the initiative to use Blackle instead of Google. I mean, Google has already been a household name. Even I set Google as my homepage whenever I start IE. So the question boils down to one, "Will the energy-saving Blackle be successful?" Only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.