Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Shooting Star

I stood on top of the grassy hill,
Trembling slightly with a chill,

I looked up at the darkened sky,
Feeling a gentle breeze brush by...

She sat on her bed near the window,
Cluthing tightly at the wet pillow,
Tears streamed down from her eyes,
Feeling sad, beacause she promised not to cry...

Just then, a shooting star flashed by,
It brightened up the darkened sky,
I saw the star as it went by,
And at that time, her tears began to dry...

Even though we are far away,
Love is strong, I should say,
Whatever sadness that comes your way,
I will love you, protect you, come what may...


Note:
This is a poem I wrote some time ago about the idea of a long distance relationship. In my opinion, the number one cause for breakups among couples is long distance. Therefore, I wish that every couple can withstand the trials of a long distance relationship. Always remember, love is the strongest thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.