Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America

July 4th is here. Independence day means a public holiday means a long weekend for most people. But not for me, I still have to work half day.

Today, fireworks display will be shown at the Hudson River instead of the East River in NYC. Whenever I heard of this fireworks, I will remember a hilarious incident with Mickey that got us into trouble with our boss. At that time, we worked deliveries. Since business wasn't good (it was July 4th), we hung out at the bridge and watched the fireworks. Our phones didn't rang so we thought there's no delieveries to be made. What we didn't know is that (I learnt a lesson from this) when there's a lot of people grouped at one certain place, and I mean a LOT of people, the phone signals will be screwed. It will be hard to make a phone call or receive one. But we didn't know that. After the fireworks (which is pretty cool), we made our way out of the crowd and we received voicemails, the boss asking where the hell are we both. Since the boss couldn't find us, he made the deliveries himself. And the two of us are pretty screwed. =)

Anyway, today's gonna be a regular day for me but for all Americans, it's gonna be special. Hope everyone will have fun and enjoy the holidays!


3 comments:

  1. I remember that story :) anyway happy holidays..have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks u too girl~~ richard and sofie got look for u in chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha :) i didn't get a chance to meet them. I've been out of town ..heading to the south!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.