Monday, August 3, 2009

Carom Cafe

Today was another off day as usual, woke up in the morning, ate lunch, took an afternoon nap... and woke up to a call from my friend, Sky around 7.40pm. We went for dinner together at our usual haunt, and for the first time in Flushing, we decided to do something. Usually after a meal, we just went home but today is different. I suggested we go play pool and off we go looking for the place that I wanted to go for some time but never had the chance to.

We reached Carom Cafe around 9.05pm. I always pass by this place but never went in. As we check out the place, I think it's a pretty cool one. There are pool tables, ping pong tables, poker tables, and even a small game room. There are also several tables for what I call the 'Korean pool' because the tables are the same size with the pool tables except they have no holes. Until now, I can't understand the game as the players keep hitting the ball around. Looks boring to me anyway. After checking out the place, we got ourselves a table and off we start...

Sky's skill in pool is better than I thought. Or maybe I have lost my touch I don't know. Haven't played this game in a while but that's not a good excuse. Sky got a lead ahead of me by winning 4-2 games. Luckily for me, I managed to caught up back to 4-4 (8 games) but the time is up. Not wanting to waste more money for that extra time, we packed up and paid at the counter. It was a tie game today but it was fun. Not to mention the cute Korean girl in front of the counter. After that, we went home and after taking a shower, here I am writing this entry...Anyway, it's not a bad day after all~~

2 comments:

  1. Good offday activity don't be like me dailo, walk forward.....i believe that you will see the light one day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dailo, you should walk forward too..Don't look back anymore..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.