Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How to tell if an egg is still fresh

While I was thinking what to cook for lunch today, I thought about eggs. I wanted to cook something with eggs but the problem is I forgot how long the eggs have been sitting in the refrigerator and if they are still fresh or not. So, I visited my best friend (Google) and here's what I found out:

Eggs can last about 3 to 4 weeks in the refrigerator. For a more detailed freshness test, you can take them out for a swim. First, take a bowl and fill it with enough water to cover a whole egg. Then, put the egg(s) in the bowl.

Result:
If the egg sink and lie down at the bottom, then it is still fresh.
If the egg stand on one end and bob in the bowl, then it is semi-fresh.
If the egg floats, then it is old and spoiled and should be discarded.

Using this guide, I tested the eggs and it is semi-fresh. But in the end, I went out and bought lunch cause I was too lazy to cook. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.