Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Choices

I walked along the forest edge,
Looking for the bird I am supposed to catch;
I stumbled upon two paths instead,
Wondering and thinking which one I should tread...

One path led to the left of me,
Of which I can see a big city;
The people there seemed so happy,
With riches like this, I am sure they will be...

The other path led to the right,
Winding so badly it gives me a fright;
The land is dry and cracked and barren,
But I heard from people that diamonds are hidden...

As I stood there thinking which path to take,
I realized there's only one decision to make;
It doesn't matter which path I should choose,
As long as I make sure I am not confused...

From this situation I have learnt a lesson,
Every path you take makes you a different person;
So think wisely whenever you ponder,
There are way too many things for us to wonder.

Note*
This is a poem I wrote after I graduated some time in December. I always believed that a person will have a choice in their lives of which path they should take. Not one person is bound by rules or any circumstances that they can't make their own decision. Each path will make you a different person, so I sincerely hope that you readers will always think twice before embarking on a new path. Godspeed and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.