Monday, June 22, 2009

A Stroll by the Beach

Seagulls sang playfully in the air,
The wind gently caressed our hair;
Hand in hand we strolled down the beach,
Never once our distance was out of reach...

As we both sat down on the sand,
A pod of dolphins came by then;
They jumped and chased and swam around,
And I saw a smile replaced your frown...

The rolling waves moved in and out,
Like a soothing melody that is not too loud;
Just then you whispered in my ear,
"Thanks for everything, I love you dear..."

Evening came and the sun moved down,
Disappearing into the sea like a giant crown;
Night came and the stars appear,
I am beside you, there's nothing to fear...

As we fell asleep on the golden sand,
Both of us are still holding hands;
When you rest your head on my shoulder,
I hope that time will freeze forever.


P.S Just a poem that depicts a romantic stroll by the beach. I have always been a nature lover so there are many natural elements in my poem. Well, hope you guys will like it! All feedback, critics, and comments are welcomed on my poems. ;)

2 comments:

  1. love this!
    and i also enjoy poetry with those similar 'end' rhymes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks leanne~~ glad u liked it...
    im always writing new poems to tipu girls ma lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments. I will work hard to improve this blog.